- Stuart’s Fish Market. Off the beaten path in Amagansett, but so worth it. Everything from incredible Lobster Roll & Cedar Plank Salmon to yummy baked goods & local farm veggies.
- My “backyard” beach. Deserted ocean beach between Indian Wells & 2 Mile Hollow beaches. Dreamy, with beautiful Double Dune.
- Bayberry Nursery in Amagansett. Low-key nursery with fantastic selection & cool one-of-a-kind outdoor furniture & planters. Tell them Joe sent you.
- Old Stone Market, Old Stone Highway East Hampton. Another family owned “deli” where everything is homemade & scrumptious. Yummy baked goods, great sandwiches & frozen or fresh prepared foods. Delicious chicken pot pie.
- East Hampton Duck Pond. Right in the village of East Hampton on David’s Lane is this magical 24-acre pond & nature walk. The ducks love to be fed, and there are other beautiful birds as well.
- Elisabeth Dow Home. One stop shopping for unique furniture pieces, rugs and accessories. Very friendly & accommodating staff.
- Cavaniola Gourmet prepared foods, Sag Harbor. I love this place; small, but packs big flavor into everything they prepare.
- Sammy’s beach. Laid back, un-Hamptony bay beach. More Jeep than Range Rover…
- La Fondita, Mexican take out in Amagansett. Super tasty Mexican food with fun picnic tables if you prefer to “dine-in”. Their new Coche restaurant, in the same parking lot, is a bit more upscale, but equally delicious.
AD 100 interior designer Joe Nahem is the co-founder of New York-based Fox-Nahem Associates.