Price per square meter
60% Himalayan wool, 40% pure silk
Bespoke colours upon request
Hand-knotted in Nepal
Production time: 3 – 4 months
- Insured & Worldwide Delivery The Invisible Collection finances 100% of the carbon contribution of its shippings
- Secured Payment You may pay by credit card, paypal or wire transfer. We value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Certificates of Authenticity Each piece is authenticated and certified
The Nazar Rug by Atelier Février, in Himalayan wool and Chinese silk, is hand-knotted in Nepal and exemplifies Atelier Février trademark’s blend of cultural heritage and modern design. The traditional eye-shaped symbol, believed to protect against the evil eye, is turned into a beautiful pattern on a contemporary rug. The motifs are richly detailed, highlighted by a one-of-kind colour palette and original cutouts. The designs are the result of a thorough manual process for a natural finish. Hand-knotted by expert weavers – every step involves the combined workforce of around 50 people – each rug is literally unique, given its handmade nature, and can be entirely personalized or custom-made, in terms of size and colours.
Founders of Atelier Février, Florian Pretet and Lisa Mukhia Pretet design together outstanding rugs skillfully hand-knotted in Nepal. Their pieces are the epitome of contemporary art fused with traditonal craftsmanship.
A graduate from the Parisian Fashion School Studio Bercot, Florian Pretet is a French designer who worked several years for a prestigious French fashion brand that led him to Kathmandu. Through Atelier Février, he breathes life into his drawing, translating them into beautiful design pieces.
Born and raised between Darjeeling and Kathmandu – where traditions are the culture’s cornerstone – Lisa Mukhia Pretet is a keen entrepreneur with strong love for fashion and craft. Her work experience, exposing her to vernacular techniques, brought froward her fascination for craftsmanship that have been passed along for generations.
Real life partners, coming from different cultural and professional backgrounds, their association is drawn from those common passions for art, fashion, craft and expertise.
Share this product
- Worldwide shipping and white glove deliveriesAll of our shipments are insured and managed by specialized art handlers
- Secured payment by Credit Card, Paypal or Wired TransferWe value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Dedicated team of advisors available every day of the weekOur team of design specialists are here to help and will answer any of your questions or custom requests
- Certificates of authenticityEach piece is authenticated and certified