Artistic Direction: Stéphane Parmentier
Large ceramic serving plate with rope embossing
L 25 x W 45 x H 11 cm
L 9.8″x W 17.7″ x H 4.3″
Handmade in France
Production lead time: 4 – 8 weeks
- Insured & Worldwide Delivery The Invisible Collection finances 100% of the carbon contribution of its shippings
- Secured Payment You may pay by credit card, paypal or wire transfer. We value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Certificates of Authenticity Each piece is authenticated and certified
A ceramist and a potter, Xavier Maffre sometimes wounds his clay around a rope, often models it onto a tower and always fires it in the crimson opening of his Dragon kiln (Anagama). He enjoys the rough softness of red earth, functional and beautiful objects, the hardness re endows to the softness of clay.
The only and perhaps last craftsman to practice the rope technique, Xavier Maffre brings to life pieces that no one else can produce. Around assembled wood rods that outline the projected shape, the artisan wounds a rope that will be modelled with clay.
This technique enables the production of impressive and huge pieces. The rope and the rods are removed before ring. For Créations Dragonfly, Xavier Maffre has accepted to use rope to leave an imprint on the outside of his creations too. Indeed, we wanted to reveal the invisible, to enhance this unique know-how and help preserve it in our own way.
Le Domaine des Étangs is a resort unlike any other: a “guestcastle”, a luxurious spa, a Zen haven, a place of exquisite and discreet elegance… Recently opened, the restoration and refurbishment of this magnificent 11th century castle, nestled in a vast natural park graced by the presence of a fantastic pond, lasted five years. It was when meeting all the local craftsmen who worked on the estate’s renovation, that Garance Primat, the ever-so-chic owner of the castle, had the idea of asking them to lend their expert hands to the making of a collection of home objects, thus promoting their unparalleled skills and know-how.
Under the artistic helm of designer Stéphane Parmentier and in close collaboration with Garance Primat, the artisans have created a series of works inspired by the traditional local crafts: Créations Dragonfly. The collection fully embodies Primat’s philosophical approach: the harmonious relation between man and nature, the transmission of knowledge and values, the emotion of beauty, the poetry of fragility, the eternal return of things…
Share this product
Empreinte Du Temps Large Plate
- Worldwide shipping and white glove deliveriesAll of our shipments are insured and managed by specialized art handlers
- Secured payment by Credit Card, Paypal or Wired TransferWe value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Dedicated team of advisors available every day of the weekOur team of design specialists are here to help and will answer any of your questions or custom requests
- Certificates of authenticityEach piece is authenticated and certified