Ostrich molt feathers, supplied by Maison Légeron
W 69 x H 35.6 cm
W 27,2″ x H 14″
Handmade in France
Production lead time: 3 weeks
- Insured & Worldwide Delivery The Invisible Collection finances 100% of the carbon contribution of its shippings
- Secured Payment You may pay by credit card, paypal or wire transfer. We value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Certificates of Authenticity Each piece is authenticated and certified
Inspiration: True to the tradition of ostrich hand-fans, this creation in downy feathers is as spectacular as it is soft and cosy. Indeed, this shape of hand-fan respects the natural curve of the feathers, forming a kind of shell protecting the person wearing it. Feathers are tinted in two different shades to bring movement to this creation.
Savoir-Faire: Each 1mm-thick stick is formed by a marquetery of mother-or-pearl. Up to 8 shells are needed to form the panache (the first stick). The upper part of the sticks are then covered in silk. The feathers are cut, flattened and fixed to the sticks.
For their first series of pieces in the Craft Editions Collection, Mayaro partnered with designers Godefroy de Virieu and Stefania di Petrillo inspired by their sensibility to gestures and the emotion which lies within hand-crafted objects. At present, de Virieu is the AD of “Petit H” collection, by Hermès. Each piece is made-to-measure, and inspired by imaginary travels: a balloon in the sky, a trip to Saturn, a walk in a chestnut forest, a visit to a jeweller’s atelier… The signature style of this first edition is the mix of natural, almost raw materials such as wicker or chestnut wood, with leather and rusted metal: all elements that become even more beautiful with the patina of time. Other statement pieces embody the know-how of cabinet maker IOTA Element, such as the Suspended bookcase which can hide or reveal a secret window, the delicate weavings of Frédérique Lamagnère, or the ethereal yet luxurious feather fans by Duvelleroy.
Share this product
Blue Ostrich and Mother-Of-Pearl Hand-Fan
- Worldwide shipping and white glove deliveriesAll of our shipments are insured and managed by specialized art handlers
- Secured payment by Credit Card, Paypal or Wired TransferWe value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Dedicated team of advisors available every day of the weekOur team of design specialists are here to help and will answer any of your questions or custom requests
- Certificates of authenticityEach piece is authenticated and certified