Mayaro x Duvelleroy
Unique Couture Hand-fan
W 23 x H 47 cm
W 9″ x H 18.5″
Handmade in France
Production lead time: 3 weeks
- Insured & Worldwide Delivery The Invisible Collection finances 100% of the carbon contribution of its shippings
- Secured Payment You may pay by credit card, paypal or wire transfer. We value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Certificates of Authenticity Each piece is authenticated and certified
Inspiration: During the XIXth century, the improvement of the pleating mould by Jean-Pierre Duvelleroy opens a new field of expression for textile hand-fans: from thick material to light embroidered fabric such as organza. These fans promptly become signatures of the original Maison. Solenne Jolivet, young embroidery artist, offers her vision of fans and creates 3 objects that renew the tradition. She uses thread as a pigment, diluted or densified to create abstract textile compositions. The graphic pattern takes life. Threads remind us that is embroidery and add to the feeling of lightness of the creations. The back side completes the right side, embroidery becomes 3D.
Savoir-Faire: On a pleated organza leaf, Solenne Jolivet plays with different threads – waxed cotton, silk – to bring more light, brilliance, density. The leaf is then adjusted to the frame by the fan-maker. Solenne Jolivet reworks on the fan to include the frame a part of the graphic composition for each fan.
For their first series of pieces in the Craft Editions Collection, Mayaro partnered with designers Godefroy de Virieu and Stefania di Petrillo inspired by their sensibility to gestures and the emotion which lies within hand-crafted objects. At present, de Virieu is the AD of “Petit H” collection, by Hermès. Each piece is made-to-measure, and inspired by imaginary travels: a balloon in the sky, a trip to Saturn, a walk in a chestnut forest, a visit to a jeweller’s atelier… The signature style of this first edition is the mix of natural, almost raw materials such as wicker or chestnut wood, with leather and rusted metal: all elements that become even more beautiful with the patina of time. Other statement pieces embody the know-how of cabinet maker IOTA Element, such as the Suspended bookcase which can hide or reveal a secret window, the delicate weavings of Frédérique Lamagnère, or the ethereal yet luxurious feather fans by Duvelleroy.
Share this product
Green and Blue Pigment Hand-Fan
- Worldwide shipping and white glove deliveriesAll of our shipments are insured and managed by specialized art handlers
- Secured payment by Credit Card, Paypal or Wired TransferWe value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Dedicated team of advisors available every day of the weekOur team of design specialists are here to help and will answer any of your questions or custom requests
- Certificates of authenticityEach piece is authenticated and certified