Published by Rizzoli International
Written by Sarah Medford and Yann Siliec
26th Sept. 2017
L 26 x W 3.5 x H 33.5 cm
L 10.4″” x W 1.4″ x H 13.2″
- Insured & Worldwide Delivery The Invisible Collection finances 100% of the carbon contribution of its shippings
- Secured Payment You may pay by credit card, paypal or wire transfer. We value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Certificates of Authenticity Each piece is authenticated and certified
The first monograph on one of today’s most celebrated architects, renowned for designing interiors that combine minimalism with Hollywood glamour and classic French style. When describing a space that intertwines both minimalism and elegance, the name Joseph Dirand immediately comes to mind. The son of Jacques Dirand, one of the most renowned interior photographers of his time, Joseph Dirand is now one of the most sought-after architects. By incorporating a quintessentially French style into otherwise minimalist interiors, Dirand creates instantly recognizable spaces, known for their strong lines and meticulous precision. This book focuses primarily on Dirand’s residential interior design work in Paris and New York, while also featuring some of his acclaimed designs for the interiors of hotels, restaurants, and fashion houses worldwide. Lavishly illustrated with photography that captures the timelessness of his style, which touts impeccable proportions and breathtaking attention to detail, Joseph Dirand: Spaces/Interiors is a feast for the eyes and essential for anyone with an interest in interior design.
Dirand sees the space with the eye of a scenographer where volumes and details come together in total harmony. Light plays an important role as it sculpts the space and transforms the surfaces; materials and colour palettes define the atmosphere. Each project is imbued with timeless elegance and a subtle “art de vivre”: an utmost livability without ever sacrificing absolute chic. For each project, Dirand spends a long time researching context and history, finding the right textures, compositions, colours, and atmosphere.
Share this product
Joseph Dirand: Spaces/Interiors
- Worldwide shipping and white glove deliveriesAll of our shipments are insured and managed by specialized art handlers
- Secured payment by Credit Card, Paypal or Wired TransferWe value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Dedicated team of advisors available every day of the weekOur team of design specialists are here to help and will answer any of your questions or custom requests
- Certificates of authenticityEach piece is authenticated and certified