Artistic Direction: Stéphane Parmentier
Presentation plate in porcelain with natural cracks filled with gilded porcelain
Ø 32 x H 2.5 cm
Ø 12.6″ x H 1″
Handmade in France
Production lead time: upon availability
- Insured & Worldwide Delivery The Invisible Collection finances 100% of the carbon contribution of its shippings
- Secured Payment You may pay by credit card, paypal or wire transfer. We value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Certificates of Authenticity Each piece is authenticated and certified
When we visited the Porcelaines de la Fabrique works, we discovered a collection of fissured, chipped, cracked and damaged plates, all destined to be destroyed.
Adopting the Kintsugi technique, a Japanese practice dating back to the 15th century in which each accident creates an opportunity for renewal, followed naturally. Based on the experience and technique developed by Serge Nicole, we decided to create a set of one-off serving plates, on which each crack is filled with porcelain before being lacquered in gold, thus enhancing faulty firing and highlighting imperfection.
Le Domaine des Étangs is a resort unlike any other: a “guestcastle”, a luxurious spa, a Zen haven, a place of exquisite and discreet elegance… Recently opened, the restoration and refurbishment of this magnificent 11th century castle, nestled in a vast natural park graced by the presence of a fantastic pond, lasted five years. It was when meeting all the local craftsmen who worked on the estate’s renovation, that Garance Primat, the ever-so-chic owner of the castle, had the idea of asking them to lend their expert hands to the making of a collection of home objects, thus promoting their unparalleled skills and know-how.
Under the artistic helm of designer Stéphane Parmentier and in close collaboration with Garance Primat, the artisans have created a series of works inspired by the traditional local crafts: Créations Dragonfly. The collection fully embodies Primat’s philosophical approach: the harmonious relation between man and nature, the transmission of knowledge and values, the emotion of beauty, the poetry of fragility, the eternal return of things…
Share this product
Plate Kintsugi Charentais L
- Worldwide shipping and white glove deliveriesAll of our shipments are insured and managed by specialized art handlers
- Secured payment by Credit Card, Paypal or Wired TransferWe value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Dedicated team of advisors available every day of the weekOur team of design specialists are here to help and will answer any of your questions or custom requests
- Certificates of authenticityEach piece is authenticated and certified