Hand polished lacquered wood
Colour: Milky white
D 41 x H 45 cm
D 16.14” x H 17.71”
- Insured & Worldwide Delivery The Invisible Collection finances 100% of the carbon contribution of its shippings
- Secured Payment You may pay by credit card, paypal or wire transfer. We value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Certificates of Authenticity Each piece is authenticated and certified
The DOT collection is a contemporary interpretation of the traditional Asian stool. Famous for their originality, but especially their quality, these stools inspired Reda Amalou to create a collection that focused on the material. Very strong visually, the pieces take their strength and character from the materials they are crafted from. Made from solid wood and hand polished to create a sleek surface. The lacquer is applied so the surface maintains its high gloss finish. These products are handmade and variations may occur from piece to piece. The eggshell lacquer used for the Dot is a precious and delicate finish. In order to obtain the fine white cracked effect, real duck egg shells are used. They are washed and cleaned, baked to extract all dampness and then broken up in small pieces. It is sanded down and lacquered with 18 to 21 coats of clear lacquer to obtain a perfect smooth surface. Depending on the desired finish, the lacquers are clear, amber or black. For darker coloured egg shell, it is obtained through the roasting of the shells to create subtle shades of browns.
Proud of his French and Algerian dual culture, Reda Amalou is a citizen of the world that feeds on the cultures that surround and surprise him. Born in Paris, he studied in London at East London University and worked for twenty years on numerous hotel projects in Asia with a strong ecological tropism. His combination of minimalism, elegance and sobriety expressed in curves and noble materials, deep lacquer, bronze, leather, gives a strong sense of luxury to his collection.
Share this product
Dot Milky White Side Table
- Worldwide shipping and white glove deliveriesAll of our shipments are insured and managed by specialized art handlers
- Secured payment by Credit Card, Paypal or Wired TransferWe value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Dedicated team of advisors available every day of the weekOur team of design specialists are here to help and will answer any of your questions or custom requests
- Certificates of authenticityEach piece is authenticated and certified