50% Himalayan wool, 50% pure silk
Colours upon request
Price per square meter
Hand-knotted in Nepal
Production lead time: 3 – 4 months
- Insured & Worldwide Delivery The Invisible Collection finances 100% of the carbon contribution of its shippings
- Secured Payment You may pay by credit card, paypal or wire transfer. We value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Certificates of Authenticity Each piece is authenticated and certified
Home of bespoke rugs handmade in Nepal, Atelier Février welcomes its new designs. Whereas the first collection gave way to Florian’s illustration series mostly drawn in his Moleskine notebooks over the years, the second one takes its inspiration from the celestial elements. Once again the result of talented designer Florian Pretet’s collaboration with Lisa Mukhia Pretet, Atelier Février keeps on exploring creative ways of expression for Florian’s graphic designs. Plane surfaces such as rugs make the perfect canvas for spreads of stars and other astronomy related patterns.
Hand- knotted in the Himalayas they are totally eco-friendly as the techniques used by the local artisans are age-old methods passed down through generations. The saying that the sky is the limit definitely applies to both these pieces and to Atelier Février as your own take on Florian’s vision is totally welcomed since he encourages owners to play an active role in the design of their made to measure rugs …
Founders of Atelier Février, Florian Pretet and Lisa Mukhia Pretet design together outstanding rugs skillfully hand-knotted in Nepal. Their pieces are the epitome of contemporary art fused with traditonal craftsmanship.
A graduate from the Parisian Fashion School Studio Bercot, Florian Pretet is a French designer who worked several years for a prestigious French fashion brand that led him to Kathmandu. Through Atelier Février, he breathes life into his drawing, translating them into beautiful design pieces.
Born and raised between Darjeeling and Kathmandu – where traditions are the culture’s cornerstone – Lisa Mukhia Pretet is a keen entrepreneur with strong love for fashion and craft. Her work experience, exposing her to vernacular techniques, brought froward her fascination for craftsmanship that have been passed along for generations.
Real life partners, coming from different cultural and professional backgrounds, their association is drawn from those common passions for art, fashion, craft and expertise.
Share this product
- Worldwide shipping and white glove deliveriesAll of our shipments are insured and managed by specialized art handlers
- Secured payment by Credit Card, Paypal or Wired TransferWe value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Dedicated team of advisors available every day of the weekOur team of design specialists are here to help and will answer any of your questions or custom requests
- Certificates of authenticityEach piece is authenticated and certified