Stool in French oak and leather
Ø 37 x H 45 cm
Ø 14,6″ x H 17,7″
Handmade in Lebanon
Production lead time: 8 – 12 weeks
- Insured & Worldwide Delivery The Invisible Collection finances 100% of the carbon contribution of its shippings
- Secured Payment You may pay by credit card, paypal or wire transfer. We value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Certificates of Authenticity Each piece is authenticated and certified
The Funquetry collection is composed by a brand new series of furnitures that explore a playful, contemporary interpretation of the traditional handcraft technique of marquetry, all made in Lebanon. Strips of different coloured wood are inlaid to produce what’s known as a “mother”. In some pieces these are then sliced and shifted to create a break in the geometric pattern. In others, they are applied to what Nada calls pleated wood: a triangulated cut into the solid wood. Our perception of these pieces changes as we move around them.
Nada Debs grew up up in Japan from a Lebanese family and graduated from the Rohde Island School of Design in the US. With such a cosmopolitan and prolific background, Nada Debs has the ability to distil culture and craftsmanship to create pieces with emotional resonance. Her style defined as “Contemporary Arabesque” blends her influences from her Lebanese family and her Japanese childhood as she magnifies oriental handicrafts with a hint of Japanese materials.
Share this product
Funquetry Pleated Stool
- Worldwide shipping and white glove deliveriesAll of our shipments are insured and managed by specialized art handlers
- Secured payment by Credit Card, Paypal or Wired TransferWe value privacy, all payments are encrypted
- Dedicated team of advisors available every day of the weekOur team of design specialists are here to help and will answer any of your questions or custom requests
- Certificates of authenticityEach piece is authenticated and certified